But those who shun this traditional property marketing service might be scuppering their own sale – and piling on stress in the process.
With this in mind we’ve put together a list of the top five reasons why you should leave the showings to your property marketing pro!
- You might hate the buyer! Property sales should not be personal, but we are all emotionally invested in our homes – so taking a dislike to a potential purchaser might cause you to subconsciously sabotage your sale.
- The buyer might hate you! While it shouldn’t matter if house hunters “like” the people living in a home, survey have shown that they are less likely to buy if they are not fond of the owner – step out of the equation in order to avoid this eventuality.
- You don’t need to hear their opinions! We all know that selling up is stressful, so it is easy to take offence when househunters tour your space giving a running commentary on what they would do differently. An agent won’t care – they just want their commission!
- You might say too much! If you are a chatty person then it will be tempting to regale viewers with tales of your house’s history – however, what you think is a charming anecdote might turn out to be the dealbreaker for that buyer – agents keep it impersonal for a better chance of a sale.
- It’s better if buyers don’t think of a house as YOUR home! Buyers need to be able to visualise themselves in a space – and the presence of a property owner can make this harder. If you aren’t there it is much easier for them to imagine.